Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and it’s time to plan your romantic evening. The best part? There are so many options and ideas out there, you really can’t go wrong. Here are 10 of my favorites!
Make dinner reservations
- Make reservations early. If you’re planning to go out for dinner, call the restaurant as soon as possible. Most restaurants will be booked up by February, so if you want a table at your favorite place and don’t want to wait in line, act now!
- Choose a romantic atmosphere. The best way to ensure that your Valentine’s Day dinner is memorable? Pick a restaurant with an ambiance that matches the occasion–and make sure it has windows overlooking some sort of natural beauty like water or trees (or even just streetlights). A window seat will let you enjoy nature while still being close enough for conversation with your date!
- Ask for a table by the window! I always ask for one when I make reservations; it’s always worth asking because sometimes they say yes! If they say no then try another place but if they say yes then celebrate!!
Go on a romantic walk
- Explore your city. If you’re in a major city, there are probably dozens of places to explore that have nothing to do with Valentine’s Day or romance. Take advantage of this! Get lost in an unfamiliar neighborhood and see what you find there. Maybe it’s a park or museum; maybe it’s just another coffee shop–but whatever it is, enjoy yourself without worrying about whether or not someone else thinks that place is romantic enough for them (because chances are they don’t).
- Go on a walk through the park. It doesn’t matter if there are other couples around; go anyway! You can even bring your dog along if he/she likes walking around outside as much as mine does (she does). And if your partner isn’t into nature walks at all? No worries: just keep going anyway!
Give each other massages
Giving each other massages is a great way to relax and enjoy each other’s company. It can also be a good way to relieve stress, connect with your partner and get in touch with their needs.
If you’re not sure where to start, here are some tips:
- Start with something simple like massaging the back of your partner’s neck or shoulders while they sit on the couch watching TV or reading. You can also try rubbing their feet if they’re feeling particularly stressed out!
- If either of these options seems too intimidating for either of you, there are plenty of online tutorials that will teach you how to give a massage (and show off those skills).
Make a playlist for your partner
Make a playlist for your partner
- Choose songs that are meaningful to you and your partner
- Choose romantic, but not cheesy songs that can be listened to again and again.
Have dinner at the beach
Have dinner at the beach
- Go to a beach that is not crowded. Make sure to bring all of your picnic supplies, including blankets and pillows so you can sit comfortably on the sand.
- Make sure to have something to eat and drink during your picnic under the stars! You don’t want people walking by and stealing your food if it smells good enough! And don’t forget about water–it’ll get hot out there in no time!
- Bring a flashlight so people won’t trip over their own feet when they come back from their walk on the beach together late at night (or early in the morning).
See a movie together
If you’re looking for something that’s not too expensive, but still romantic and fun, going to see a movie together is a great idea. The best part? You can save money on dinner by having snacks at the theater! The choice of movie is up to you–you could go with something classic like Casablanca or Breakfast at Tiffany’s (both are available on Netflix), or opt for something newer like Crazy Rich Asians or Your Place or Mine. Either way, getting out of the house and spending time together will be good for both of your hearts.
Rent a cozy Airbnb for the weekend
If you’re looking for a way to save money and still have a romantic getaway, renting an Airbnb is a perfect choice. You can cook together or go out to eat, relax in your cozy home away from home and enjoy each other’s company. If you don’t have time for a whole weekend away from work or school, consider getting away for just one night. I know it sounds cheesy but it will make both of your lives better!
Cook something delicious together.
Cooking is a great way to spend time together. It can be relaxing and fun, and it’s also a great way to get creative in the kitchen. You might try something new, which is always exciting! Cooking can also save you money if you’re cooking at home instead of eating out all the time.
Go on a karaoke night
Do you love singing? Do you have a favorite romantic song? Now is the time to sing it! There are many karaoke bars in Cagayan de Oro City or wherever city you are in the Philippines, so go out with your partner and let loose. You can sing his or her favorite songs, or even try some of yours together.
If you don’t know what to get them for Valentine’s Day, this could be your chance to show how much you care about them by getting them something special: a song that only they would appreciate!
Have a coffee date
If you want to be a bit more adventurous, try something like an iced latte or an Americano. If you’re feeling tired and need a pick-me-up, try one of their many coffee blends.
For those who are looking for something sweet (or simply have a sweet tooth), there are plenty of options available here too! Try the cinnamon roll or apple fritter pastries–they’re delicious!
Valentine’s Day is a great time to show your partner how much you care about them, but it can also be stressful and expensive. The best thing to do is make sure you have fun with it! Plan something simple like going on a walk or cooking together, and don’t worry too much about decorating or buying gifts. You don’t need fancy things as long as there’s love between two people–and if there isn’t any yet? Then maybe this will be just what gets them started!